Most Popular Districts Sought-after by Home Buyers in Singapore
Based on PropertyGuru’s latest consumer sentiment survey, location is the most important factor they would consider when purchaisng a property in Singapore, ahead of pricing and property size. Close proximity to public transportation, offices and shopping malls offer more convenience and has the potetnial to raise the value of the property over time. From the survey, it was found that one in three Singaporean intend to buy a property in the mature District 15 (East Coast /Marine Parade) followed by District 11 (Newton /Novena), District 12 (Balester /Toa Payoh), District 9 (Orchard /River Valley) and District 10 (Tanglin /Holland).
Here’s Why These Districts Are Popular and Most-sought-after!
District 15 (East Coast /Marine Parade)
District 15 is one of the popular districts with East Coast Park, the largest outdoor recreation park in Singapore. This stretch of coastline also boasts some of the most sought-after waterfront facing properties on the island. The area also offers convenient access to Changi Airport and the CBD via the East Coast Parkway.
Expatriates choose to live in the east coast because it is away from the hustle and bustle of city living, and the east offers more choices for food at Katong, Siglap and the privilege of having the East Coast beach closeby. Some of them own apartments that offer a panaromic sea view.
Though there’s no MRT station at the moment, residents in the East Coast can look forward to nine MRT stations on the upcoming Thomson-East Coast Line which is due to open in stages from 2019 until 2024. This will benefit newly launched condominiums in the area, including Seaside Residences at Siglap Link, Coastline Residences and Amber Park along Amber Road.
Upcoming Thomson East Coast Line provide ultimate convenience and connectivity to East Coast Residents
- Seaside Residences | 99-years Leasehold Tenure, 3 Mins to MRT (U/C), 4 Mins to Beach. Available in 1 – 5 Bedroom from $881,000.
- Coastline Residences | Freehold Tenure, 3 Mins to Tanjong Katong MRT (U/C), Units with Seaview. Available in 1 /2 /3 and 5 Bedroom from $1,063,000.
- Amber Park | Freehold Tenure, 3 Mins to Tanjong Katong MRT (U/C). Walk to East Coast Park. Available in 1 – 5 Bedroom from $1,053,000.
District 11 (Newton /Novena)
District 11 is one of the popular districts for home buyers and where Newton is and being well knowned among the local and foreigners. Newton is probably most famous for the Newton Hawker Centre, which attracts many tourists and is known for its sumptuous local fare. Aside from its proximity to Orchard Road and the CBD, the area is served by two MRT lines, making it more convenient for commuters to travel to other parts of Singapore. Meanwhile, big plans are in the works to revamp Novena into Health City, the biggest healthcare complex in Singapore by 2030, with public and private healthcare facilities as well as a medical school.
Condos to benefit from the transformation:
- Fyve Derbyshire | Freehold Tenure. 7-8 minutes walk to Novena MRT. 5 minutes to UE Shopping Mall. Available in 2 & 3 Bedroom from $1,384,000.
District 12 (Balestier / Toa Payoh)
Toa Payoh is one of the oldest HDB towns in Singapore, a self-contained estate with plenty of amenities such as shops, schools, clinics, community centres and eateries. That is convenient for people who don’t want to travel far. Centrally located, Toa Payoh is also the nearest HDB estate to Orchard Road, making it popular with expat tenants looking to live near the city, but who are seeking lower rents.
Balestier is known for having its own unique charm with Art Deco shop houses and is a foodie haven famous for its Bak Kut Teh stalls, Boon Tong Kee chicken rice and Whampoa Hawker Centre. Located close to Tan Tock Seng Hospital and the future Health City Novena project, the area was rejuvenated and now boasts a heritage trail, shopping mall and two hotels.
District 9 (Orchard Road /River Valley)
District 9 is one of the popular district as the Orchard area is one of the best shopping destinations in Asia, and is also one of the priciest and most sought-after residential areas in Singapore. Connectivity to the area will be enhanced further when the upcoming Thomson- East Coast Line opens with a new Orchard Boulevard station connecting commuters to Shenton Way, the heart of the CBD.
Right next door is River Valley, home to several stunning developments that have sprung up in the last few years such as luxury condominium 8 St Thomas and RV Altitude. The latest addition to the area that will greatly benefit residents and push up property values is the arrival of the Thomson-East Coast Line, with a station at Great World City due for completion by 2021.
Latest Condo in District 9:
- RV Altitude | Freehold Tenure. 5 minutes to Great World MRT (U/C). Available only in 2 Bedroom layout from $1,310,000.
- 8 St Thomas | Freehold Tenure. Immediate occupation. 5 minutes to Great World MRT (U/C). Available in 1 – 4 Bedroom from $1.46M. SMS/WhatsApp +65 90624481 for eBrochure, floorplan and actual unit viewing appointment.
- Riviere | 99-years Leasehold Tenure. Rare Iconic development along Singapore River. 4 minutes to 2 MRT (U/C). 4 minutes to Great World City Shopping Mall. Spacious Bedroom Layout available in 1 to 4 Bedroom from $1.524M.
- Martin Modern | 99-years Leasehold Tenure. Luxury condo close to Robertson Quay. Luxurious Spacious apartment in 2, 3 & Bedroom layout from $1.8M.
District 10 (Tanglin /Holland)
Tanglin is a posh enclave known for its embassies, luxury homes and the Singapore Botanic Gardens – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Within the area lies Dempsey Hill, a former army barracks that was converted into a lifestyle destination featuring chic bars and restaurants. A popular area for expats to live and hang out, Tanglin will become more accessible once the Thomson-East Coast Line is up and running.
Holland Village is also a lively area known for its alfresco dining and laidback vibe. Popular amongst locals and expats, the area is served by its own MRT station. Similar to Balestier, Holland Village will be further developed as an ‘identity node’, which means it will retain its charm and ambience. A new extension adjacent to Holland Village is also in the works that will add vibrancy to the area and make it a great place to live, work and play.
Recent launch condos at District 10, Tanglin area
- 3 Cuscaden | Freehold Tenure. 5 minutes walk to Orchard MRT Station. 5 minutes to Orchard Road. Available in 1, 2 and 3 Bedroom from $1.5M.
- Boulevard 88 | Freehold Tenure. Designed by Moshe Safdie. 8 minutes to Orchard Boulevard MRT Station (U/C). Lurious space layout available in 2+Study, 3 and 4 Bedroom from $4.4M.
It is important to only engage the Official Direct Developer Sales Team /Experienced Real Estate Licensed Professional to assist you. There are several complex procedures and key factors to consider before committing to purchase a unit. Rest assured that all our representatives are Certified & Licensed, Well-trained and Committed to deliver. By engaging the Official Direct Developer Sales Team, you will also enjoy the best possible direct developer price. There is NO COMMISSION required to be paid.
Leave A Reply
(We will be in-touch with you shortly upon receiving your message. For a Quick reply, kindly SMS/WhatsApp/Call +65 90624481 for an immediate reply. Thanks!)